Dental exams & cleanings are essential procedures for prevention of dental diseases.
Dental Exams and Dental Care in Texas
During your initial visit, our dentist and oral hygienist will perform a thorough dental exam to know the existing status of your dental health. These exams will typically include the following procedures:
- Tooth Decay Examination – The dentist will use special tools to examine the tooth’s surface for decay. To further educate the patient, the professional will also use an intra-oral camera so the patient can also see what the dentist sees.
- Diagnostic X-rays (Radiograph) Examination – helps detect tooth decay, cyst, tumor or bone loss as well as identify the positioning of the teeth and the roots
- Existing Restorations Examination – helps check the status of crowns, fillings, and other current restorations
- Gum Disease Evaluation – helps identify any sign of periodontal disease by checking the bones and gums around the teeth
- Oral Cancer Screening – helps determine signs of oral cancer by checking the gums, throat, tissues, lips, tongue, neck, and face
Dental Cleaning and Dental Clinic Services in Carrollton, Texas
Our registered dental hygienist will typically perform the dental cleaning, also known as dental prophylaxis. When going for a cleaning, you need to go through a dental exam first and proceed with any of the following, depending on your situation:
- Tooth Polishing – helps remove remaining plaque and stain after brushing the teeth and scaling
- Plaque Removal – This sticky film of invisible film that typically forms on the teeth is a breeding site for bacteria. The toxins produced by the bacteria will result in inflammation and further lead to periodontal diseases.
- Tartar Removal – Tartar is a hardened plaque. Its removal requires special dental equipment since it is already firmly attached to the surface of the teeth.