Prosthetic devices are popular and beneficial inventions of today. Even in the world of dentistry, prosthetic devices are in high demand simple because they can both improve one’s oral condition and appearance. If you are feeling conscious or worried about the state of your pearly whites, then better choose with your dentist the best prosthetic devices available for you. If you need fixed prosthetic devices (ones that are not easily removed), then what you are looking for are crowns and bridges.
Crowns work by entirely covering damaged tooth. The crown can help in improving the appearance, alignment, or shape of a tooth. For the crown procedure, it will normally take two appointments.
- The first appointment is for the dentist to get an accurate mold of your teeth as well as fitting you with a temporary crown.
- The second procedure is for removing the temporary crown and fitting the new one.
On the other hand, bridges work by replacing missing teeth. It prevents the teeth beside the empty spaces from rotating or shifting. To get a bridge, you will be required to visit the dentist three times.
- Just like with the crown, the first visit will be for getting a mold of your mouth and fitting a temporary bridge.
- During the second visit, the dentist will check the bridge foundation. This is a way to ensure that the newly created bridge gets sufficient support after insertion.
- With the third visit, the permanent bridge is inserted, polished, and cemented.
Once you are done with any of the two procedures, the dentist will provide you with proper care instructions. Fitting crowns and bridges will surely help you boost your confidence. If you need crowns and bridges or any type of Dental Clinic Services in Carrollton, Texas, Carrollton Family Dental is here to answer your needs. Just contact us today.