It is the commitment of Carrollton Family Dental to help you and your family achieve good oral and dental health. To achieve such goal, you also have an important part to play. Your oral hygiene routine at home must be attuned to this goal.
Brushing The Teeth
You can start by brushing your teeth at least twice a day with toothpaste and toothbrush with soft bristles. You may also use an electric toothbrush whenever necessary. Here are the proper steps.
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums and brush the teeth in small, circular motions. Be gentle when brushing.
- Make sure to brush the outer and inner parts of each tooth as well as its biting surface.
- Do not forget to brush the tongue for fresh breath.
Rinsing With Water
A thorough rinsing with water is essential after brushing. It is also necessary when you are unable to brush your teeth after eating a meal.
Flossing At Home
Since a toothbrush may not be able to thoroughly clean the spaces between the teeth, you will also need to floss. Flossing can help remove food bits in between these spaces and disrupts the build-up of plaque. Follow these steps.
- Wrap a string of dental floss, about 12 to 16 inches in length, around the middle fingers. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between.
- Using your thumbs and index fingers, insert the floss in sawing motion gently between the spaces of the teeth.
- Move the floss gently up and down to clean the sides of each tooth.